Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Journal 2.21 Hospital Stay - Prognosis


So I figured I'd update everyone. You have all been so cool and supportive and concerned these past 5 days, so here's the news in one mass telling.

I'm all good. As long as I do what I have to do.

My heart is pumping at a slower rate than most. Usual pumping is 60%. Mine is at 40 %. They said it happens to some people and is nothing to worry about. It will be fine on meds and getting healthy.

There will be no heart attack or bypass surgery, unless I go out and do the reverse of what the doctors tell me.

My sleep apnea will be solved by sleeping with this machine and a sleep study.

All of it though, will be solved by healthy living.

This has been awake up call. I am lucky.

I admit, I was scared and it sucked being here, especially for this, but I am out of immediate danger and am being sent home tomorrow with a new game plan to take care of the situation.

Thanks to all you guys, especially the cute nurses. ;)

MP

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are okay! Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear, brother. Get well, then get shredded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i just happened across your article on salon.com and followed you over here, only to get this horrible shit dropped on me? listen, kid, I had an instant girlboner for you and your filthy, funny ways.

    get better. Us Boston ladies need men who aren't humorless hipsters who will write us a poem but not eat our pussy right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phinney I just got wind of this. I miss youso much. We always said we'd do something together. I haven't forgotten. I have fallen I'll myself but I fight like you. My digits day or night WHENEVER 2158066489.
    I still expect you to pull through and talk about the next project because that's who you are, strong and getting through this with some laughter to ease the pain. Please call me and let's catch up. We had something and then we both got way busy. Anything you need I will get for you. You want a dinosaur tooth I'll get it. I love you baby. Just call when you feel up to it. Much love
    Jenny Streeper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also how do I find the short movie you did on these guys planning to commit suicide in the woods? There are some really great people I am friends with in New York I'd like to show it to and my family as well. It's excellent. I am so worried. I'm sure if Chris Rock knew he would be upset as well. I have to read all of this. And anytime is appropriate to call. I have insomnia. It comes with the territory of being ill.
    Much love always
    Jenny Streeper

    ReplyDelete